（英）Training Course of Artificial Insemination on Dairy Cattle for Developing Countries
Directorate General of Livestock Services, Ministry of Agriculture
The strengthening of artificial insemination centre project in Indonesia was jointly cooperated between the Government of Indonesia (through Directorate General of Livestock Services) with the Government of Japan (through Japan International Cooperation Agency / JICA), which was known as Artificial Technical Assistance (ATA – 233) Project. The project was implemented in Singosari Artificial Insemination Centre, started from 1986 and with several times extensions, it terminated in 2002.
The activities of ATA – 233 project were to produce frozen semen, progeny test program, and artificial insemination (AI). The transferring of knowledge and technology from Japanese experts to counterparts has done successfully by providing training in Japan.
National development program on livestock of developing countries can be improved by promoting livestock condition. One of the quickest and the most effective ways of improving livestock breeding and performance is through Artificial Insemination. Therefore, it is essential for every government to have sufficient trained staffs on artificial insemination to improve breeding program in their own country.
Since 1986, Singosari National Artificial Insemination Centre (SNAIC) has been conducting several training programs on AI and other related skill such as pregnancy diagnose, reproductive disorder, frozen semen handling, bull master, Hay and Silage making, bull salon and also Hoof Trimming. The SNAIC conducts training program annually participated by inseminator from cooperative, livestock services, privates and students from university.
With this background and based on the Record of Discussions between the Government of the Republic Indonesia and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) through Representative of JICA Indonesia Office, the SNAIC proposes to conduct “TRAINING COURSE OF ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION ON DAIRY CATTLE FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES”, under JICA’s Third Country Training Program.
Promote a national development program on livestock by improving livestock condition in breeding program.
- To improve the human resources capacity, particularly for practical skill in the field of artificialinsemination.
- To provide opportunity for participants to share ideas, information and experience related to reproduction of dairy cattle among participating countries.
At the end of the Course, the participants are expected to have acquired the relevant technique and knowledge of:
- Implementation of artificial insemination in the field.
- Related field on artificial insemination, such as animal breeding, feeding management, handling frozen semen, animal reproductive and health, animal disorder and its control.
Theory and discussion, practice in the Slaugther House and in the field on:
- Livestock policy in Indonesia;
- Livestock Development Program and Policy On Artificial Insemination;
- The Activity of Singosari National Artificial Insemination Centre.
Budget for implementation of training course including material and equipments
Lecturer and assitance
Counter Budget from Government of Indonesia of Indonesia through State Secretariat
- Government of Indonesia does not change their policy priority on South-south Cooperation
- Invited Countries do not change their policy priority on Livestock Services
Singosari National Artificial Insemination Centre (SNAIC), Directorate General of Livestock and Animal Health Services (DGLAHS), Ministry of Agriculture: conducting the training, fied visit and discussion
-State Secretariat (SETNEG): providing counter budget, information on this training through diplomatic channel
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Project Type Technical Cooperation: 1986-2002
|Project Outline / Aperçu du Projet |
- 先頭へ戻る -
Copyright© Japan International Cooperation Agency