（英）In-Service Education and Training for Secondary Schools Science and Mathematics Teachers Phase II
Ministry of Education and Vocational Training
Tanzania Development Vision 2025 expresses the intention of Government of the United Republic of Tanzania (GOT) to provide quality education to the Tanzanian citizens;to attein creativity, innovativeness and a high level of quality education.
In view of that, in 2004 GOT launched the Secondary Education Development Programme (SEDP)as one of the strategic plans to achieve the objectives of Education for All (EFA) and Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Improvement of teacher training in science and mathematics education is one of priorities addressed in SEDP in order to improve the quality of secondary education in Tanzania.
In July 2009, Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MOEVT) in collaboration with JICA started In-Service Training (INSET) Project phase I for secondary school science and mathematics teachers aimed at improving the teaching skills.
Phase I of this project managed to establish and lay down structures for teacher training from national to school levels.However, it's operation did not work properly to reach all teachers due to various challenges.
Hence, proper planning and management by Regional Management Team (hereinafter referred to as RMT) and guidance support from MOEVT and Prime Minister Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PMORALG) are crucial for ensuring the provision of training to all secondary science and mathematics teachers.
Competencies of secondary school students in science and mathematics is improved.
Capability of science and mathematics teachers in secondary schools to deliver high quality competence based lessons is strengthened.
1.Supportive system for INSET at regional level is strengthened.
2. Quality assurance system for INSET and classroom practices is strengthened.
3. Teaching and learning activities in the classroom are enhanced through SCALE lesson study for National Facilitators and Regional Trainers who are classroom teachers.
4. Learning environment of secondary schools designated as regional training centers is improved
1.1. To conduct workshop for Regional Technical Team (RTT) members on planning of INSET at regional level.
1.2. To conduct meetings for Regional Teams
1.3. To cluster teachers in manageable groups for trainings
1.4. To conduct teacher training at regional level
1.5. To conduct M & E on quality of INSET
1.6. To conduct M & E on impact of INSET in the classroom
1.7. To conduct dissemination workshop for RMT.
2.1. To assess capacity of School Inspectors on classroom practice assessment.
2.2. To develop training materials for Inspectors.
2.3. To conduct capacity building for science and mathematics school inspectors.
2.4. To conduct training for National Facilitators and Regional Trainers on SCALE Lesson Study
2.5. To organize study tour within SMASEWECSA countries for Coordinating Unit in order to support RTT
3.1. To develop guidelines and contents for conducting SCALE lesson study;
3.2. To conduct trainings on SCALE lesson study
3.3. To conduct meetings for lesson study demonstration
4.1. To establish science clubs in schools
4.2. To organize and conduct science competition/fair at national level
4.3. To conduct needs assessment (stock taking in laboratories especially chemicals and remove expired ones)
4.4. To purchase chemicals for training centers to acquire minimum requirement as set standard.
4.5. To print newsletter, brochures and 5-S posters
1. Dispatch of short term expert for Lesson Study
2. Training of Counterpart personnel in Japan and any other third Country
3. Materials, equipment and machinery necessary for implementing the Project
4. Support expenses necessary for running of the Project at national and regional levels which will not be covered by Tanzanian side
1. Offices and other facilities necessary for the Project at National and Regional level
2. Existing machinery and equipment necessary for the Project at National and Regional level
3. Expenses necessary for running of the Project at National and regional levels
4. Assignment of adequate counterpart personnel for the Project
5. Assignment of adequate support personnel
1. No change for examination curriculum
2. Other projecs/programs do not adversely affectimplementers teachers participation
3.Local Goverment Authorities are willing to support the project.
MOEVT, PMORALG, Secondary Schools (Teachers & Students).
1. Second Basic Education Division, Human Development Department, HQ, JICA.
2. Framework of SMASE-WECSA Network
1. Support to Association/Network
2. (JOCV)- Mathematics and Science teachers.
World Bank (Sector Wide Approach suport)
|Project Outline / Aperçu du Projet |
- 先頭へ戻る -
Copyright© Japan International Cooperation Agency